Miley Cyrus just gave us the rainbow-fuelled Live Lounge fest of our dreams

Her cover of Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness currently holds the record as most viewed Radio 1 Live Lounge video of all time, but we think Miley Cyrus might just snatch her own crown after her latest acoustic session.

Performing in front of friends, family and the lucky Radio 1 crew (Clara, we're looking at you!), Miley blew the rainbow-striped roof off of the recording studio that just so happens to be located in her garden. How's that for a commute?! Not shabby, Cyrus. Not shabby at all.

But first, before our ears were blessed by Miley's music lab (her words, not ours!), Grimmy caught up with the star to ask if his invite got lost in the post...

We agree Nick: a personal tour of Miley's Malibu digs would've been THE DREAM. But, lucky for us, we've got five magical tracks to ease us through this difficult time.

First up? Malibu, duh! Buckle yourself in. This is going to be one glorious ride.

She took us to Malibu...

We've mentioned it a few times and there's a slight chance that you might've noticed for yourself: Miley has a serious affinity for colour. Chatting to Clara about the story behind her amazing at-home recording studio, Miley revealed that the stand-out stripes are a constant source of inspiration...

This is my brain come to life: Miley's music lab

"I created this because I just wanted the most creative space possible and it's been really helpful too, just living in a rainbow land. I have a song on my record that I wrote with Dolly* called Rainbow Land and it's inspired by this place. Even working on my record or even designing what I'm going to wear, I'm really inspired by all the colours.

When I was doing my album packaging I would just look up at the wall and be like 'I want this page to represent THIS!' so this is my office but it can't be like any office. It has to be special. This is my brain come to life. Miley's music lab."

*BTW, 'Dolly' is Dolly Parton, a country and western legend who also happens to be Miley's Godmother. She's a bit of a legend.

Made us feel Younger Now...

You might've also noticed that the Younger Now Miley Cyrus of 2017 sounds a lot different from the Bangerz-era Miley Cyrus of 2013. Was this a conscious choice on Cyrus' part? Not totally.

I think teaching my fans about responsibility is my number one priority

"Naturally people evolve and, for me, music is necessary for such a different reason every year. Every year we're experiencing something new. Right now I know you're in the States so Hurricane Harvey is something that's currently crazy - I don't know if you noticed but the hill one mile from here is on fire - and the environment is just crying out for us.

"I think teaching my fans about responsibility is my number one priority. I guess the message is so different for where we're at politically and socially so I just think that's kind of driven my music. Politics always drives my music."

Blew us away with a cover of First Time Ever I Saw Your Face...

*ALL THE HEART-EYE EMOJIS!*

I love this song. I remember the first time I heard it I didn't play anything else

While we gather our thoughts and pick up our jaws from off the floor, it's worth noting that Miley is a lot more like us than we first thought possible, especially when it comes to obsessing over a track.

"I love this song. I remember the first time I heard it I didn't play anything else. Have you ever heard a song you love so much that you just put on repeat only and you'll just take a 45 minute shower just to listen to it on repeat and sing it as loud as you possibly can?"

Yes and YES!!

"That's what happened. This was kind of like that song for me. I burnt it out, for sure."

And, just like us, there are times when even Miley Cyrus feels a little bit awkward. Case in point: her Live Lounge set.

"This is the most awkward concert ever. I'm really excited to be doing it but basically it's a very small turn-out," Miley joked. "I've played some gigs in my more controversial days that looked a lot like this, when people started to leave because they were really offended. So this isn't the smallest gig I've ever played but it's definitely the weirdest because the only people here are my friends and family and that's always the hardest people to sing in front of. Especially when the person you write the songs about is standing right there."

Reminded us that she's just being Miley...

Revisiting a classic track, Miley made us hear See You Again in a completely different way.

"[It's] a super countrified version of See You Again... I haven't done that song in probably six years. We kind of Nancy Sinatra'd it, we kind of made it cool western."

And then threw a rainbow-fuelled party in the USA 🌈

We're pretty sure this is the next track we're going to play on repeat while luxuriating in a 45 minute shower. But how does Miley feel about her second classic track? Pretty good, actually.

"I think it's fun because Party In The USA was always what it was about. It was about wanting to go home, wanting to go to Nashville and Jessie J wrote on it and it was about her wanting to go back home after travelling. It kind of has that same meaning.

"It makes the meaning of it so strong because it's embracing those country roots saying 'I wanna go back home' and our version of it today kind of reflects how we feel about the party in the USA right now. Again, makes it have a whole new meaning I guess."

Watch Miley Cyrus' entire Live Lounge set here...

More from Live Lounge Month